« Home | After all, its just a gameIsnt this what many of u... » | THANK YOU PEOPLE Its 4.13 a.m. on the 1st of Janu... » | Death Sentence for Santosh Singh: Is it really fai... » | THE DEATH OF DEMOCRACYHave u seen what’s happening... » | When a city gets bombed..What is common between Sr... » | BREAKING NEWS!!!!I think Indian media has come off... » | A TRUTH THAT HURTSI feel like laughing really hard... » | RANG DE BASANTI.......When I saw this picture in t... » | Dream a little dream....Since I have got lots of h... » | Bijlee aur paani, humaree dilii key yahee kahani.I... » 

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 


Why?


I remember watching TV late on Monday nite when the news read….30 students killed at the Virginia Tech Campus by one of their fellow students. For starters, I didn’t register what I was reading. But it didn’t take me much to realize the gravity of a tragedy, which I think will haunt me for a long long time.

You would wonder why it is affecting me so much. Even I never thought that an incident, which has taken place thousands of miles away from me, would affect me the way it has? But I just can’t seem to shrug this off just because it didn’t happen to anybody I knew. Just the mere thought of it sends shivers down my spine. And I ask myself… why?

May be because it involved young kids dying, kids with dreams and aspirations like any one of us. May be because, this tragedy had no basis to it.

May be because when incidents like these happen, I start to wonder if there is God. And if there is, does he feel the same amount of pain the families of these victims would be feeling? And if the answer is yes, then how come he let it happen? He for sure wouldn’t have thought that these young kids deserved to die. Then, what lesson was he trying to teach? What good is going to come out of it? Or may be I am being too hard on him because he doesn’t teach us to be violent. He doesn’t tell us to take lives of other human beings. He doesn’t spread hatred in our heads. So then, why do incidents like these happen?

Questions, questions and more questions. Unfortunately, these will not find too many answers. Because in my head, there is no justification for something like this. Those kids are gone………….forever. The pain their loved ones are going through will remain forever, just like the questions that are stuck in my head.

All we can do is to pray to God for these kids for their souls to rest in peace and give their families the strength to cope with a tragedy like this…but I am still thinking why?????

Labels:

I guess there are no answers to the WHY's.It's just sad that something like this did happen though.I guess there need to be some kind of restrictions on possession of weapons.I mean how can you justify that student possesing two pistols!?where was the need?!
May the souls of the departed rest in peace!!

Can understand ur anguish at the senselessness of it all. Apparent cause, whether for petroleum or for freedom, at least makes some people content for sometime. But this? No way.

As for God, these episodes reveal him/her for what s/he is, an invention of mankind to be instructed to perform when the "priest/master" chooses..

Like ur soul wrenching posts, JR..

Post a Comment
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs